maandag 3 november 2014

Muffins & Mandalas


When you cannot eat any Sugar & have a sweet tooth, such as I. Finding a muffin recipe that is allowed, ingrediënt wise was a wonderful thing...


So we walked to the village supermaket & we bought some bananas for the muffins. I was really keen to try them. You mash 4 of them and add the 4 eggs, salt, 1 ts cinnamon, 1 ts ginger & 200grams of flour. Sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts & bake until a stick comes out clean 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees C.
While I was making the muffins Mom was busy crocheting. She made beautiful and pastel colorlerd Mandalas. Which we would stretch into an embroidery hoop and hang on the wall at Pale Rose Cottage.
Above a picture of the muffins before they went into the oven & below a photo of the finished mandalas, stretched and on display.They really cheer the wall up I find and I absolutely love these light colorful circles. 
Finally a picture of the finished muffins , a bit puffed up and smelling aswell as tasting delightful! If you cannot have a treat, these sure are wonderful  and better yet allowed :)


How's your week been? Baked muffins without Sugar? Crocheted some Mandalas? Did something else fun you'd like to share? Please don't hold back, we love to know!

All the best,
Jo's Daughterns


12 opmerkingen:

  1. Those mandelas look lovely on the wall.

    I love a banana muffin, I make might with a spot of honey, yum!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh my, those mandalas are beautiful. I really, really must learn to crochet, to make something that lovely.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. oh my goodness those mandalas are stunning. i want to learn to crochet now!! what sort of flour did you use in the muffins? do you think gluten free flour would work??

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm not sure about the gluten free flour, I used spelt flour for our muffins.

      Verwijderen
  4. Wow that mandala is amazing. What a great idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Beautiful mandalas, love the colours you've used. Can't go wrong with homemade muffins :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Evelyn, we like the pastels (and muffins) too :D

      Verwijderen
  6. Your mandala's look wonderful hanging up. I love how versatile they are. Enjoy your muffins...they look yummy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. The muffins tasted great & we all love our mandalas here at Pale Rose :)

      Verwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...