dinsdag 12 augustus 2014

Day in my French Kitchen



Hello again :D You might have wondered what happened to the weekly updates of life here at Pale Rose Cottage. I've been ill for a long long time, but it's slowly getting better & now I'm able to welcome you in my French kitchen...


There is no food to be served today. I'm a little "embarrassed" to say this out loud, but we ate it all ;) Please allow me to show you what we had, I made a mustard soup & it was simply delicious. When my Dad went to the library this week, I asked him to take home a few cookbooks. 


Which he did, ghanks Dad! Amongst them a French book with stunning pictures and yummy sounding dishes. I also enterd a competition to win another French cookbook, but I haven't heard from them, so I take it that someone else was lucky enough to win it. Oh well, the library books are also rather fun to read and view. Sometimes reading a cookbook beats reading a novel I find :) 


I also started knitting again, in our suitcase full of wool there was a sunny golden color. Which tempted me to pick up a pair of knitting needles & make a scarf. A triangle that fits comphy around our shoulders and keeps us warm. Not that we really needed the warmth, as the sun was out often & the temperature high :) I'm keeping it short today, more to come in a little while I hope.Above a picture of the wool, isn't it cheerful?! Oh I bet it's going to be a beautiful scarf.

What have you been doing this week? Enjoying te sunshine? Making a scarf? Eating a French meal or something else... Do tell, I'd love to know.


Best wishes,
Jo's Daughter

1 opmerking:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...