zondag 12 mei 2013

Mothers Day



In honor of Mother's Day I made mom a card, I always do :) Started in kindergarden and I kept up the tradition, for many years now. It's fun to do & my mom likes it. Great to see her smile...


We had some fresh orange juice to celebrate at our (early) breakfast. Dad made us all a glass & it was really nice. Most oranges did have loads of pips though. Well, you can't have everything I guess.
 
 
My sister is coming over today. We have not seen her in a while so there will be lots to talk about I'm sure. I'll add a quick photo of a little gift I made for my mom. A fabric covered panel to hang on the wall. In a couple of make-over shows on the TV, I saw how to make one & I thought it would be a fun thing to do for Mothersday. I wrapped a ribbon round it & stuck a little heart shaped note on it, saying Happy Mothersday in Dutch + kisses. It's made with a cotton fabric that has a cornflower print. Cheerful and perfect for mom & our cottage :) 
 
 
So the family is going to be together again & I'll cook us a nice meal, we'll have afternoon tea, fancy breads and talk. In the evening we are going to watch a documentary we all wanted to see...
 
It's just simply spending some quality time together & in my mind those times are the greatest. Here's another detail of the wall panel:
 
  
 
I'll keep it short today, don't want to leave mom alone too much on Mothersday. The excitement of what's in her gift box might get too much & I do not want her to open it without us ;) Just kidding...
 
Are you still fortunate enough to have your mom with you today? Doing anything special? Tell me everything!
 
All the best,
Jo's Daughter

2 opmerkingen:

  1. You made a nice present for your lovely mother!

    Have a very cosy day together!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. We had a wonderful time, thank you. Glad you like the wall panel :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...