zaterdag 6 april 2013

On the road...




Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. I haven't been feeling too good lately.
Right after Easter my stomach turned into an ocean in full swing. Waves crashed agains the walls of my tummy and gave me a greenish color that was anything but charming. I felt seasick and my head has been pounding for days. Now I'm finally well enough to get behind the computer and catch up with you. A little...


I'm on the road to recovery, I hope. Mom has had a few bad days as well, and Dad is also complaining of feeling nauseous. Pale Rose cottage has not been the most lively of places this last week, as you can imagine. But for me at least things are looking (slightly) up.

I enjoyed my lunch today and had a big orange for dessert. Everything good there, then I heard a loud bang on the doormat. I went to investigate & found a beautiful pink envelope from America. The lovely L. had sent me a book and a cd of a group I never heard of before. See picture below, sorry it's a bit fuzzy.


So now that my headache is gone & I can wear my glasses again, I will start reading this book tonight for sure. I was not reading another book still, so the timing of getting a new story is perfect for me. Thank you L. what a great gift!

But it's not evening yet & I already asked mom if perhaps she was feeling up to watching a film together. Dad had borrowed some movies for me from the library, but I have not been able to watch any of them yet.



Perhaps now I can, the one with Meryl Streep seems good, I like her. Or the story of William and Kate... I will ask mom if she has a favorite. She was not so enthusiastic about a movie night. The DVD's have to be returned soon & I think it would be a shame if I had not seen a single one of them.

Remember that I told you a while ago about me entering a writing competition? Well people can vote for the best story now. It's getting exciting, there were a lot of entries & I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping that some people (or even a single person) will vote for my story, I sure would love that :) I guess I'll have to wait and see if strangers think my story was any good.

I'm sorry to keep it short, with us not being well nothing much has happened. I've been indoors a lot and the view from our cottage windows is perfectly lovely, but not worth reporting. I did see a few doves fly by, a magpie sat in our garden & I even spotted a large yellow chicken earlier this week.

But that was just a guy who lives down the road, dressed up for Easter & hiding some eggs for the kids. I tried to take a picture of him, but he was far away and it was not a good shot. You just saw a bright yellow dot behind a rose bush. So you will have to use your imagination a bit on that one ;)


I'll be back soon, in the meantime tell me all about what's been happening with you! Must be more fun than staying in bed or sitting on the sofa in your pajamas, sipping chamomile tea from a Julbock cup.

Best wishes,
Jo's Daughter

2 opmerkingen:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...