maandag 14 januari 2013

Shopping, Supper & Sore feet



Gosh, I'm glad I'm sitting down typing this. My feet are tired and so is any other fiber of my being. I've spend three days in a row shopping for bargains. In almost every shop it's "sale SALE sale" & bargains can be found for those who hunt, ferociously...


I needed a new wintercoat and a few pairs of trousers. On day two I had come home with a total of: a pair of jeans, 2 kaki colored pants. A dark green vest with patches on the elbows (didn't need it but really cute and not too pricey). A bright pink summertop, a cream summer vest, and three more sweaters. In the shades nude, plum and chocolate stripe. A pair of purple gloves & a cute headband with black and silver beads. Great for a party, not that I'm planning a party any time soon.

 
Here's a picture of most of my new stuff.
 
Then on the final day of our shopping I finally found a new wintercoat, well mom did actually. She spotted it and made me try it on, even though it wasn't my usual size. But it fit perfectly & I took it home, along with some nailpolish. It's not exactly my dream coat, but then it's unlikely to find that on sale in just the right size. I'm happy with it & love the lavender. I will manage till the new wintercollection comes in the stores. Gives me plenty of time to save up some money after buying so many new things.


I really do not like shopping, unlike many other ladies. I suppose it's because there is such loud music everywhere, really distracting. Also (especially) in the sale there are loads of women running between the racks of bargains. The quick going through them made difficult by the fact that there are at least 3 people wanting to do the exact same thing at the exact same time...

But sometimes you have to put up with it, if you want to buy new clothes. I had to do that now, put it off last year so it had to be done. On the last day of our shopping spree there where significantly less bargain hunters around, so it wasn't too bad.

Here's a picture of my lasagna dinner, a favorite food of mine for many (childhood) years.



This was a new recipe & I rather liked it. It has a lot of prep, a BIG bunch of vegetables to be cleaned and sliced thinly in order to assemble it. Two different sauces to make... I will be trying some other lasagna recipes as this one took too much time.

How happy I was that I had made a large dish of the vegetable lasagna beforehand. We heated a slice of it and made a simple salad to go along. I don't think I could have managed to make the whole thing from scratch after all that shopping.

We also had Parsley Root soup one shopping day. Mom had made it for us, a new recipe aswell, I rather liked it. Sadly I do not have a picture of it, but it was a bit orange in color. Parsley root is not so easily to get a hold of in shops here (it's an old forgotten vegetable) & so it was the first time I tried it. A success to be repeated sometime, if I have anything to do with it.

So that's it for now, tomorrow it's Sunday & I'll rest my feet. I'm off to paint my nails in a pale pink polish. I will post this post on Monday morning. Now it's time to relax and recover ;)

Did you get any bargains this January? Or don't you like shopping either?

All the best to you,
Jo's Daughter

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I don't go clothes shopping very often because it's such work, but when I do, I like to go to thrift stores. Often I can find high quality clothing that I couldn't normally afford for a lower price than if I bought low quality clothing new at a clothing store. However, it's great to take advantage of stores that give great sales on new clothes.

    Lasagna has been one of my favorite dishes since childhood as well! I've never tried making it with thinly sliced vegetables. That sounds delicious. I've always had it made where you puree the vegetables into a sauce.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That pink blouse looks great. Love the color. I also shop at H&M but there's a difference. I like to go there often. Just because it's affordable and quite trendy. And I'm always in for a good Sale hunt!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh Grace, you should try it sometimes wth thinly sliced vegetables. I made mine with celerysticks, mushrooms and boiled carrot slices. It has a lot more bite to it then the puree, which I have also made.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. :D Thanks Dagmar, they did have cool stuff. Also got the sparkly headband from them & have worn it just for fun already.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...