donderdag 10 januari 2013

Jane Eyre & Apple tea

 
 
Both mom and me are tea- enthousiasts. We love it, drink it day and night, in all different flavors. We will try (almost) any type of tea & even make our own herb teas from herbs out of our garden. In the winter there are not many herbs around, fresh ones anyway. So then we experiment with other things like apples and ginger...
 


Online I read that somebody made apple-ginger tea. By simply cutting up a small piece of ginger root & dicing an apple. We had to try it sometime and we did just that this morning. First I thought to make it in our regular teapot but the filter wouldn't fit so I switched to the glass teapot, which is less pretty but effective. Here's a picture of the pot, it's still a bit dark taken so early. (Mom was up at 2 in the morning & I at 6.)
 
 


It was easy to make and I placed the glass teapot on the tealight to absorb the flavors. The tea stayed very light in color, even though it was on the fire for a good 10 minutes. Almost translucent in shade, but it smelled nice & so we had a cup. We did not really taste the apple all that well, more the ginger root. Yet it was a lovely tea. I do not know if we will make it more often, as we prefered a ginger tea on it's own. But it was fun to try something new.


Yesterday afternoon it was time for a movie, I had bought the film Jane Eyre. Mom and me watched it together. It came in a metal box and was cheaper then the same film that came in a paper/cardboard cover, that was a bit strange... Oh well, we had another cup of tea and I had some crisps. Which were lovely, salt & vinegar flavor, my favorite, found them in the back of the cupboard but still ok :D

 
 
I enjoyed the movie (and the company!) Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books. I remember reading it for the first time as a teenager & loving it. I was always reading the classics back then, sipping hot chocolate and reading English books... How grown up and interesting that made me feel. This movie version was nice & I did like Michael Fassbender as Mr Rochester. But I found it a bit slow all in all & liked the 2006 miniseries better. How about you?
 
Have you seen this version of Jane Eyre? Love salt and vinegar crisps? Or made your own apple tea.... Tell me!
 
Until later,
Jo's Daughter

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh my goodness, I adore salt and vinegar chips. I don't much care for potato chips in general, but the salt and vinegar ones make my mouth water.

    I've seen that version of Jane Eyre. It's wonderful I thought! I really liked it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yay another salt and vinegar fan :) My sister loves them too & we always get this flavor if we go to the shop together.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...