woensdag 10 oktober 2012

Quark pie & Movie night

 
 
 
Mom bought some millet flakes in a shop in Germany after finding a recipe for a quark pie that made us rather curious. I made the pie a few days ago and it was lovely. You turn the ingredients (shown in the picture below) into a fluffy almost souffle like pie without a crust. It wasn't overly sweet and so light that you could eat it almost in one go, which we did not as it was our dessert. But I would love to make it again some time and have saved the recipe...
 


 
Above is a picture of the pie as it came out of the oven. The potholders are made by my mom from a vintage pattern, they are flowers (as if it isn't obvious). I love the old-fashioned feel of them & put them in the picture as they are pretty enough to be seen.
 
 

The pie is simple to make: Chop 2 medium apples into cubes and mix with the juice of 1/2 lemon. Add 2 eggyokes with 250 g of quark and 3 tblsp milk, 3 tblsp clear honey, lemon peel of 1/2 a lemon + 50 g of milletflakes. Mix well, beat 2 egg whites stiff in another bowl and fold into mixture.  Spoon into greased ovendish and bake about 50 minutes at 180 degrees C.

 
After dinner was over and it was a little later in the evening we had time for a movie. We had not had a movie night in a very very long time & so we rented one of my favorite type of films: a christmas movie. My dad didn't want to join us (no chick flick, please) but that was ok. I ate some yummy crisps and had a nice cup of tea with mom while we watched the film.


We saw Sunday's at Tiffany's, about a woman who meets again her imaginary friend from childhood. That is a fun concept, wish I could have another chat with my own imaginary friend from the past ;) This film is now a favorite of mine & I would love to read the book that inspired the movie. I've put it on my wishlist and with my birthday comming close who knows...


Seen this movie and loved it? Ever cook with milletflakes? Or have another great pie recipe you'de like to share, please do.

Until later,
Jo's Daughter

 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. It sounds delicious. But what is kwark? I've never heard of it. Those "crisps" look delicious, makes want to go get some.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Kwark (Quark) is a type of fresh cheese. It's white, almost like a very thick yogurt. And you can use it for a lot of things.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...